BRAND NEW “Museum Experience”
Ghost Stories at the Museum
Only a few places left
An evening of live storytelling with fizz and canapés. Weaving together historical facts from the time of some of our exhibits with pure fantasy and fun.
Five narrators will be reading the stories live right next to the exhibits. This will be something you have never experienced before!
Friday 29th July starting at 7pm at the Museum.
Numbers will be limited to around 12 people,
So book early to reserve a place.
Non-Members: £25 per person. Patrons and Members: £20.
Local Authors Day at the Museum
Meet some of your local authors, talk to them about their books and get a signed copy. Featuring a fabulous new limited-edition book from Adrian Greaves of hand painted maps – Tenterden to the Marsh Maps; his recent Albert Speer book; the latest “At War” book from Ed Adams; William Barham’s book that complements our current Special Exhibition; Jackie King with her Rolvenden Recollections and all the best from our local authors collection.
Saturday 10th September
between 10am and 4pm at the Museum
EXCLUSIVE MEMBER EVENTS
National Trust Dig at Smallhythe
Catch up on the amazing finds at Smallhythe Place
with a Talk on last year’s dig by Nathalie Cohen at the
Museum: 21st June at 7pm.
And a Tour around this year’s dig
at Smallhythe Place: 22nd August at 11:30am.
See the new finds, fresh from washing on display in their finds tent.
Talk: £5 per person. Tour: Free
TENTERDEN & DISTRICT MUSEUM ASSOCIATION WOULD LIKE TO INVITE
YOU TO JOIN US
Join over 200 people who also care for and preserve our local history.
- Members enjoy unlimited access to documents, maps, house histories and genealogy housed in the museum.
- Members are sent four newsletters per year which include articles of local historical interest and forthcoming events organised by the museum. By becoming a member you would contribute to the care of the museum collection which includes thousands of objects and documents.
- If this is of interest to you, please fill in and send back the membership form – If you have a friend you think may be interested, please photocopy the form and get them to join too!
THERE IS MORE TO DO
THAN JUST MEMBERSHIP
We are always looking for volunteers who would like to join us and help with running the Museum.
- Stewards – who can welcome the visitors and look after the front desk and shop. We ask for your commitment for one session per week to fit in flexibly with your other activities.
- Museum Guides – Who will deliver museum tours to groups of visitors when required.
- Volunteers who would like to help with archiving, publicity, schools, technology, catering, conservation, documentation, special exhibitions, retail and other project activities.
If any of the above appeals to you,
please contact the curator.
Robin Wilkins – 07804 675232
eMail – email@example.com
Or else leave a message at Tenterden Museum.